Saturday, March 27, 2010

New Painting







As I wait for Mateo's owner to give the final "ok" on his painting, I have begun another large (48" x 24") painting.



Being new to the "blog" world, I thought that I could have another blog with the same web address (artbylisajewell), that is not the case and I also can't seem to change the "Mateo Painting" name. NO PROBLEM!! Seeing how Mateo is spanish for Matthew, and the name Matthew is of Hebrew origin with the meaning "Gift of God"....with no formal art instruction I have always felt that this talent is one of God's many gifts to me....it works!



So you can follow along as I "stretch" myself with this particular painting...When I was attending the same dressage clinic that I had photographed Mateo, I photographed several other horses as well. One in particular stuck out in my mind and as I worked on the Mateo painting I had some ideas in my head for this other horse, another black, he is a Friesian stallion. After much thought I have decided to paint just his head! Yes, this is going to be a 4 foot tall horse head! If it works, like I have it pictured in my mind it will be Dramatic! If it doesn't, well I've wasted a canvas!

No comments:

Post a Comment