Friday, March 19, 2010

Layers


Yesterday I worked the muzzle, still needs more work, the edges of the nostrils and highlights, but I feel I am getting real close! I also started blocking in some more on the chest, and worked on the hind legs, this is the point where it seems to slow down some for me because I spend so much time staring and comparing to the photograph! I make subtle changes and when I think I am "there" I will start on the hooves and mane and tail!
Then I usually make more subtle changes before varnishing. The chest and shoulder area still need alot of details and softening, will try and work on that today, I say try...it is supposed to be 70 and sunny today, tough for me to stay inside! If it weren't so windy, I would take my easel to the front porch and paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment