Saturday, March 13, 2010

Layout


This could be totally boring to some, but I thought it might be fun to let you follow along as I paint!

I have been commissioned to do a 48" x 24" painting of a friend's dressage horse. His name is Mateo and he is an absolutely beautiful black horse! I have taken numerous photos of him and earlier this month was able to catch him on a sunny Oklahoma morning in an outdoor arena during a Sarah Martin clinic (she is a dressage trainer from Colorado that is wintering in Tennessee).

I chose this particular photo because I liked how his right hind leg was crossing over and the fact that he had his ears pricked forward. I had pictured him in my mind on a light blue background. When I talked with Jan, I asked her if she had a preference for background color...she said she really liked the color of the sky that day...YES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment