Thursday, July 8, 2010

Meet Lisel!







I have been commissioned to paint a 24"x30" portrait of Lisel, she is a Deutsch-Drahthaar, a German hunting dog!



I started with a base of raw sienna mixed with white, I have gone over it several times with mixtures of Burnt Umber, Naphthol Red Light and Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue (the background, that is!). Lisel has had Burnt Umber painted on her darker shadows, a mixture of Raw Sienna and White on some of her lighter areas and I then covered a majority of her in a mixture of Burnt Umber and Naphthol Red Light. She'll have several layers of color to give her depth before I work on adding in the white "guard hairs". The blades of grass on the lower half of the painting will be added "here and there" throughout the process!! (Depends on my mood, I guess!)

No comments:

Post a Comment